For all its natural beauty, the Floral Business wreaks havoc on our environment.
That's why I believe in making a sustainability commitment to my customers so that they know the work put into their design was done with intention for and kindness to our planet. Working as a *very* small business, some of these goals can only be achieved with growth--personal artistic growth and skill development, communal growth among vendors, and financial growth to support investing sustainable business practice. However, just because it can't be done now doesn't mean that change is not on the horizon for AOP.
By the end of 2020, I promise...
1) To eliminate 75% of single-use plastic use, including the use of floral foam.
2) To recycle all recyclable packaging materials used in the flower delivery process.
3) To source a minimum of 25% of all flowers from local growers.
4) To incorporate recycled vessels into 50% of arrangements
By the end of 2022, I promise...
1) To completely eliminate single-use plastic in designs, including the use of floral foam.
2) To source a minimum of 50% of all flowers from local growers.
3) To incorporate recycled vessels into 75% of arrangements
4) To compost a minimum of 50% of compostable flower waste